- 1.5 kg of long aubergines
- 1,5kg tomato “passata”
- 500g mozzarella cheese
- 150g Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 onion
- 50g coarse salt
- seed oil, to fry
- After cleaning the aubergines, cut them vertically to a thickness of about ½ centimeters and place them in a pan sprinkled with coarse salt for about an hour.
- In a pan, brown the onion with olive oil and, once browned, add the tomato puree and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Cut 500g of mozzarella cheese into cubes.
- Take the aubergines, squeeze them to remove excess water, flour them and fry them in seed oil at 175 ° C. Once golden, remove eggplants from the pan and dry them from excess oil.
- Place a base of sauce in a baking sheet; then add in order aubergines, mozzarella, basil, parmesan cheese and again sauce, all consecutively until you reach the edge of the pan.
- Finally pour a generous layer of tomato sauce and bake at 155 ° C for about 20 minutes in static mode and then at 170 ° C for another 10 minutes in ventilated mode.
- Leave to settle at room temperature for about 5 minutes and serve.